Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 6

Okay, I pose this question to you all. Is it okay to believe in stereotypes? I strongly feel that it's wrong to lump any group of people together for any reason. Whether it's a religious group or race or body type or social class. I know for a fact that you look a typical way and be completely different on the inside. I am one of those people. My friend today on our walk was trying to legitimize stereotypes saying "there must be a reason for them". Of course there are reasons. Doesn't make it fair or right. It wouldn't be ok to assume that if you are Italian you must be a mobster. Or because you are upset and black and female that you are an just a typical "angry black woman". My friend is the nicest most loving person I know and I just don't understand how she doesn't see how hurtful it is. Even if its a benign stereotype there are people out there that use it to feel hatred towards that group.

The crazy thing is that I was telling her people should be judge on their actions and she disagreed with me again. That "who are we to judge". *sigh* It's so backward I wanted to pull my hair out.

Anyway... I went to the doctor yesterday and she yelled at me. My blood pressure was high and I hadn't lost any weight. I'm thinking by my next visit I'll have a surprise for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment