Tuesday, December 21, 2010

First Hurdle

So it's raining out today. My friend just cancelled walking this morning. We having been walking everyday together but today I have to decide if I'm going to go by myself or not. I used to walk by myself all the time no matter what weather or how early. Now I just don't feel like it and am a little bit scared to be in the dark. To most people it's not a big deal but I feel like if I give in this time I will the next time and the next. The beginning of the end. *Sigh* I really really don't want to but I will. I think there should be a law that you can't flake on your friend in the first week of a new goal.

Anyhoo...I started my diet yesterday. Not much of one yet. I just can't eat fast food and or soda or juice made from concentrate. I figure if I go easy on myself at first it will be better in the long run. After this week I am going to gradually lower my portion sizes and add more salad and steamed veggies to every meal. The most important thing is I can't backslide. So if I really want something I won't get rid of it until I know I'm ready to let it go forever.

You are probably wondering the progress so far. Basically, I stopped gaining weight so fast. lol I think this week I will maintain my current weight. And next week I will start losing. Slow and steady wins the race right?

No comments:

Post a Comment